Followers

Friday, April 22, 2011

ZEMRA Bar Lounge Restaurant Review

My colleague and I received free tickets to a comedy show through work and we decided to go out to dinner with our hubbies prior to the show.  We made reservations at ZEMRA Bar Lounge since it's near our work.  Our work is located in a prime Toronto neighbourhood and there are lots of restaurants and lounges nearby.  The restaurant is small, with about 8 tables in the front and more tables near the back.  After the waitress took our drink orders, we had to wait quite a while before she came back for our dinner orders.  I didn't time it but it did seem like a good 15 minutes.  Finally, when she came around,  I ordered the Spicy Penne which is made with shrimp, scallops (I asked for none), sweet peppers, red onions, sun-dried tomato and topped with an avocado rose sauce.  I can't handle spice very well so I asked for as little spice as possible.  The food took a while to arrive, but I was hoping this meant that everything was being made from scratch.  It was definitely worth the wait because it was absolutely delicious.  It wasn't too spicy, it was just right.  The avocado rose sauce was unlike anything I've ever had.  It was creamy and flavourful and it went well with the shrimp and vegetables.  I wasn't able to finish my meal and was sad to have to leave it behind.  Had I been going home after dinner, I would have asked for a doggy bag.  We all ordered some kind of chocolate lava cake.  It was good but nothing special and my husband said it could easily have been a frozen dessert by President's Choice, especially because it arrived at our table in no time.  I love PC but I can buy that myself in the store so I would have preferred something unique.  Everyone else enjoyed their meals and it was reasonably priced.  The menu isn't very extensive so have a look online before you go.  Otherwise, you may be in the mood for something they don't offer.  
http://www.zemrabarlounge.com/index.php 

2 comments:

  1. I like the honesty and look forward to reading more reviews. I do enjoy eating out!

    : ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! I love eating out too and I will update this blog regularly. Also, it will contain food product reviews so I will be on the lookout for new and exciting foods!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete